The district is pleased to announce new and improved options for providing grade reports to our Spanish-only speaking families. The upcoming elementary fall grading period will introduce translated grade reports for Spanish-speaking parents. Spanish-translated grade reports are available at all levels, K–12, for the next grading period.
In prior years teachers needed to be aware of the specific language grade card each student needed. This year the process will be much easier for teachers due to the seamless translation of grades for any students requiring the Spanish grade report. Teachers will enter grades the same for all students, eliminating the duplicated standards translated in Spanish, thereby greatly reducing the amount of scrolling required to enter grades.
Elementary Grading Window
The grading window for K–5 will open on November 5, 2015, at 8:00 a.m. and close on November 18, 2015, at 4:00 pm. In an emergency the school office can make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Report Cards will be made available on the Parent Portal on November 24, 2015, at 8:00 a.m.
Grade and Progress Updates
IC offers the flexibility for reporting beyond the standard report card. Additional progress updates have been added to the grading process. Newer reports include:
- Grades 1–2: PE Checklist
- Grades 4–5: Orchestra Checklist
- Grades K–5: Second Language Acquisition Reports
- Grades K–12: ESL Progress
Best Grading Tips for K–5 Teachers
- Grade K—All grades are entered on the Homeroom Roster. Remember, the comment field requires a "grade" of "CMNT" to be entered to trigger the printing of the narratives.
- Grade 1–3—Most grades are entered on the Homeroom Roster. Art, Music, and Physical Ed grades are entered on those specific class rosters.
- Grades 4–5—Individual grades are recorded for Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, Reading, Art, Music, and Physical Ed. ALL narrative comments are reported through the Homeroom Roster. Remember, the comment field requires a "grade" of "CMNT" to be entered to trigger the printing of the narratives.
- Copy and paste from Word has proven to be problematic and is never advised, but there has been success in copy and pasting from Google Docs or a text editor.
- Writing comments can take a good amount of time. Be sure to save your work frequently to avoid loss of data!
Grade Book Assistance
We are pleased to announce that a new streamlined avenue for receiving assistance with the IC gradebook is available by email at email@example.com. Feel free to use this email address for any questions regarding the IC grade book. This email box is monitored daily. Teachers needing immediate assistance are encouraged to enter a "tech ticket" for Infinite Campus. Because we want to help everyone as quickly as possible we respectfully ask that you limit your request for help to one person. Often we find multiple people solving the same problem because multiple people are included on the same email. The often results in other people waiting for assistance. We would like to eliminate the delay in providing the timely service everyone deserves. Will you help?