Speakable Documents, Unspeakably Easy!
Kathy Hempel, Library Media Specialist at BMS Station Campus, has been helping staff get the most out of paper resources that they want to convert to digital format and uploaded to Schoology. She has outlined a few helpful hints when trying to utilize the text-to-speech feature.
- Documents scanned into the Xerox machine must be converted to a "live" Word document.
- If a PDF uploaded to Google Drive is viewed as an image, it must be converted.
- Use the conversion tool http://www.onlineocr.net
- On your iPad, turn on text to speech:
- In Settings > General > Accessibility > Speech: Turn on Speech Selection
- You can adjust the speaking rate from Turtle to Rabbit
- On your Mac, follow these directions:
If you have technology tips to share, do not hesitate to reach out to any of the contributors to this blog to share in the next issue.